Hospital Bag for twins
It’s a good idea to have your hospital bag packed from about 32 weeks with twins in case they’re born earlier than you’d expect
Pack the following for yourself:
- An old baggy t-shirt or nighty for the birth.
- Breast pads
- Your toiletries bag with soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, toothbrush, tooth paste, deodorant, comb, brush. Buy travel size bottles of shampoo, deodorant, etc rather than full size ones. Saves you lugging your whole bathroom cabinet with you!
- An old flannel
- 2x hand towels
- Maternity Pads (or heavy flow sanitary towels)
- Old knickers (not g-strings or anything very skimpy. Big granny pants are best) or disposable maternity pants
- Dressing gown
- Fresh nighty/ Pyjamas. Pyjamas will be fine even after a c-section because they sit higher up than your scar.
- Maternity/Nursing bra
- Mobile phone and/ or camera
For the babies
- 2 packs of newborn nappies (if they come in a double pack already one pack should be enough for now!) It’s important not to over do it, because sometimes twins can be surprisingly big/small and need a different size of nappy to what you might think!
- 4 pairs of scratch mitts
- 12 body suits (vests)
- 12 baby grows (sleep suits)
- 2 baby hats
- 2 towels
- 2 cardigans
- Nappy sacks
- Sensitive wipes (check they are suitable from newborn)
- Pleat of cotton wool
- Baby soap, shampoo etc (check if suitable for newborn)
- 6 bibs
- Muslin squares (optional)
- Carrier bags to put dirty clothes in.